Alpina - International International Alpina-Fans are welcome here

Antwort
Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Ungelesen 27.11.2011, 09:39   #1
Mop
Benutzer
Ebay - I do not get it :-)

Hi Alpina Fans,

I have one question to our German members. I have being using Ebay for 12 years now and I have been 99% lucky with my deals. I trade all over the world but on the German Ebay I often see that there are no shipping to another country and even no bidding from foreign bidders.. Even after a contact not possible and the latest was "I have my reasons". I know it is a free world but again what could the problem be?

The seller must write another address and payment is no problem with a EU transfer or Paypal. The seller looses money when I am not competing for the item and I have sometimes being driving 4-500 km for a pickup..

Is their a mistrust against foreign bidders or what? I do not get it.
I must admit that 90 % of my trade are from Germany so it is not a big problem but sad to see a nice or seldom product that I cant get hold of..

Have a nice Sunday :-)
Ungelesen 27.11.2011, 13:22   #2
Broder
Aktive Alpinafreunde
AW: Ebay - I do not get it :-)

Hi there,

well I guess most of the time people are afraid of the shipping to foreign countries. Even though DK isn't that far it is still a bit problematic when it comes to tracking the goods. It can be a lot of trouble when you claim as a buyer that the goods haven't arrived. That doesn't mean this doesn't happen with national bidders either, however I am almost certain this can be a reason.
If I sell on ebay I often don't ship to foreign countries either. I do have my experience too, especially with eastern Europe. So I exclude international shipping altogether and decide upon contact via mail if I change my mind ;-).
And PayPal is only an advantage if you are the buyer. As a seller you have hardly any rights if the buyer claims to not have received anything.

CoD any time but who travels 500km for a 100? part ?

Cheers

Broder
Ungelesen 27.11.2011, 18:03   #3
Mop
Benutzer

Hi Broder,

Maybe you are right and it is just me because I cant get a specific Alpina part :-) I am using a bidder in Germany to help me and he ships further to me in Denmark.

500 km for a rare 100 Euro Alpina part I would definitely do :-)
Ungelesen 27.11.2011, 19:17   #4
Broder
Aktive Alpinafreunde

Well let me know if I can be of any help when needed.
Unless it is a B11 part bargain I could use myself I'm more than happy to help ;-)

Broder
Ungelesen 27.11.2011, 20:27   #5
dsoenni
Aktive Alpinafreunde

Hey Mop, please let us know, if you'll need help.

The distance between Kolding and Flensburg is not so far.

Maybe we can get in contact in 2012 for a little meeting.
Or you can visit one of our meetings in Schleswig-Holstein.

Greetings from
Soenni
Ungelesen 28.11.2011, 16:05   #6
///M3Holgi
Benutzer

Hey Mop,

i often sell BMW/Alpina parts on ebay. I am one of the guys who don't sell to foreign countries (anymore).
I sold to Japan and Australia - had problems with the buyer because of the shipping costs (even though the shipping costs were explicit named within my auction).
I sold to Greece and Romania, had problems with the buyer not willing to pay using PayPal (and i do have 800+ positive feedbacks, 100% positive - never ever get a negative feedback).

Last time i sold to the UK - again problems because of high shipping costs (UK is very expensive in general). Had discussions with the buyer, even though shipping costs...

So, as you can see - i do have my reasons to exclude foreign countries when i offer parts on ebay.

best regards
Holger
Ungelesen 28.11.2011, 21:29   #7
Mop
Benutzer

Hi all,

@Holger, I see your argument.. But I am also sure that you can find problems with German byers. As a buyer you must check the shipment before bidding.

@ Broder - Thanks!

@ Soenni - we have talked abut this before. I really hope that I get the car home next spring. This your it has been for storage all year. Damn Job, House, kids and missing hours dying the day :-) Hopefully I can join a meet next year!
Ungelesen 19.09.2012, 06:56   #8
Maksim
Benutzer

Grüße an alle aus St. Petersburg.
Sehr heißes Thema.
Anzahl der Produkte auf ebay.de riesig, und nur ein paar die Lieferung an Russland. Im Laufe des letzten Jahres hat etwa 80 Käufe, die Hälfte von ihnen aus Europa und dem Rest aus der ganzen Welt gemacht. Aber er konnte drei-bis viermal mehr Käufe, sofern Sie die Ware zu versenden zustimmen.
Ich verstehe nicht. Sellers verliert einen riesigen Markt.
Ungelesen 03.10.2012, 18:39   #9
Mop
Benutzer

Dont get me started :-)

I think I have used Ebay 25 times this year..

E61 comfort seats.. They were "tested" but the head restraint were fired. Two motors were broken and one controller did not work. Further the seats had many more kilometres on the clock when checked with my DIS...?? He had to get me a big discount afterwords..

Traded with a big Polish seller for some electric parts. First the 3th time I got the right part. It were 50 Euro and he paid more than 60 Euro in postage in total??

The worst buy I have done this year is a set of B5 19" wheels.. I used a seller with high reputation (even a member here) and brought a set that was expensive compared to what the normal price are.. They were described as in really good condition..

When they arrived they had been repainted and the paint were falling of in parts.. The wheels size were wrong. They wheels were original B5 and the E61 set have smaller tyres so these are not legal here in Denmark. I cant get a "tüv" and worse if I get in a accident the insurance could say that the car are not legal..

He said of course "Es tut mir leid" and said that I only wanted to lower the price..??

I am normally a trustworthy person (people that have traded with my know) but experience say that you really need to be extra carefully..

I have also noticed that more and ore auctions are closed before time and you need now to ask the seller for a buy beside Ebay before another does!

Happy Ebaying :-)
Ungelesen 03.10.2012, 22:07   #10
maxchat
Aktive Alpinafreunde

thanks mop for you're information and statement, but I never trusted ebay and never sold or bought of this website...

... and well it's a good point not to start there
Ungelesen 22.03.2013, 23:30   #11
Maksim
Benutzer

Vor zwei Wochen ich kaufte über ebay in Polen vier Rädern.
Sie sind bereits in Russland für die Sortierung in meiner Stadt.
Wer möchte nicht den Handel - die Ursache finden. Wer will - das Stereotypen ausbricht und begeht den Verkauf.
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht